Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She's a MAC girl! I've been dying to know that.

Some people suggest that not only is it important to know about Sarah Palin's political views, foreign policy experience and previous actions as Alaska's head honcho, it is also crucial that we know every detail about her personal life.

One article, "Five (More) Things You Didn't Know About Sarah Palin," posted September 14 on People Magazine's Web site, takes the fascination a step further by revealing tidbits of information like her lipstick of choice and her cell phone habits.

I think I will focus on Palin's political abilities, especially since none of the other candidates are being asked what cosmetics they prefer. Even so, I still find the so-called facts in this article interesting.

For example, according to the article, Palin once gave a friend a blank thank you card. The explanation was that Palin liked the card so much that she wanted to give her friend the option of reusing it. For this, the article's writer called Palin frugal. Since when did forgetting to sign a thank you card reflect good money management skills? Also, the author pegs Palin as a traditionalist because she prefers to shave her legs, not wax them. In my mind, a traditionalist would just not shave his or her legs at all.

Out of the five so-called facts about Palin this author names, I can only see one of them as reasonable. To me, this is just another example of our nation's misuse and misunderstanding of facts about politicians.

By the way, like many of the other things we know about Palin, this information is all heresay. These tiny insights into Palin's persona are originally from the Insider's interview with several of Palin's close friends. I guess not even the Insider can get Palin to answer questions.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20226300,00.html

No comments: