Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Matt Damon, political expert

Yikes. As reported at cnn.com, actor Matt Damon recently commented to the Associated Press on McCain's VP pick Sarah Palin.

"I think there's a really good chance Sarah Palin could be president, and I think that's a really scary thing because I don't know anything about her,” he said.

Judging from what he said in the rest of the interview, he sure does have a strong opinion of her for not knowing anything about her.

His comments don't make much sense to me, which is why I deduce that the only reason his opinion made the headlines is because of his celebrity status. That scares me.

Are people in the U.S. so enthralled in celebrity worship that actors automatically become knowledgable on every topic? Should I be asking Angelina Jolie how to raise my future family? I surely hope not.

The article also mentioned Damon's long-time pal Ben Affleck, saying that the two have been supporting Barack Obama. Those are arguably two of the yummiest men on the planet, but when it comes to politics, I'll stick to credible sources to make my decisions. They should just stick to looking pretty.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

No comments: